Thursday, July 3, 2014

The way the day began...

      I had two visitors today!! I LOVE visitors!! One of my most favorite Ladies in the WORLD came over today, Miss Wendy, with two beautiful chickens and a teeny tiny little bitty chick!! Charlie then popped in, whilst on his bike ride, to bring us some homemade zesty pickles!
      Then the day began! It is hot here in Virginia, like super duper scooper hot and humid. There is also a hurricane, or something of that nature coming our way, which adds to our already humid swampy mass that we call home. I don't really watch the news, basically some wind and A LOT of water falling from the sky.
      So, of course today is pay day, which means it is grocery shopping day, with a hurricane coming. Upon getting in the car, I realized my darling husband had left the key on and the battery was dead. Lovely, lovely boys fixed it for me and in about half an hour Luca and I were off to the feed store, the grocery story, and the ice cream shop. It wasn't as crazy as I expected, expecially for the first storm of the year. There weren't any of the tortillas that I was looking for, and no whole milk??? Most of the water was already cleared out by 2pm, so people have been busy...lol! The boys are going to have to settle for 2% (gasp!), but there was ramen and cereal, so they will be ok.
     I do still have to go to the store to get medications, that of course have to be filled the day before a storm, so I am hoping it isn;t going to be too bad there either. Oh, and I have to get some trukey and mayo for Hailey that I forgot at the store. The child dosen't ask for too much, in the food department, so I try to keep her stocked for sandwiches.
    My phone is on order, finally! Which means I will be able to start uploading pictires for you guys!! I'm going to try with my husband's phone tonight, we will see. I love technology, but it hates me. we are just not equally yoked, but I am steadfast in our relationship. This ship shall not sink on my watch, this blog is going to get done...LOL!
      No to find out about our hurricane-like storm and go get medicines!! I htink we will be fine, unless that is, we loose power. Four teenagers without electricity...Lord help us ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment